Aloe vera is being used for its healing properties, since many years and it has even named by Egyptians, “Plant of Immortality”. There are phytochemicals and other essential nutrients present in this plant, which are helpful to our health, hair and skin, so it has also been called a miracle plant. It consists of numerous nutrients, including folic acid and Vitamins like A, C, B12, B6, B3, B2, B1. There are also minerals found in this miracle plant which includes manganese, copper, magnesium, iron, chromium, sodium, potassium, zinc and calcium. All these nutrients can be very helpful for our health. I am going to make a list which will include top ten benefits of aloe vera.
1. IMMUNE BOOSTER :- Well, aloe vera is known as the natural immune enhancer and is full of anti oxidants and that helps to remove free radicals from the body. Free radicals can lead to several diseases and can fasten your aging process. If you drink a glass juice of aloe vera regularly, then you can enhance and boost immune system in your body.
2. CURES GUM DISEASE :- Aloe vera consists properties of anti microbes and anti bacteria, hence, it can be extreamely helpful for your gums and teeth. It can also helps in healing gums and promote cell growth as there are presence of important minerals and vitamins. If you are suffering from any gum disease the you can scatter some aloe vela powder on toothbrush and then brush, or you can also massage your gums with the help of aloe vera gel and your gums might feel better within a few minutes.
3. ENDS CONSTIPATION :- Consuming aloe vera regularly, can help in improving bowel movements and digestive system. If you are suffering from constipation then aloe vera can be very helpful in it as it is a natural laxative. Take two ounces of aloe vera juice daily, when constipated, however, in order to get positive results, you will have to wait at least ten hours.
4. ENHANCES SKIN HEALTH :- Aloe vera is very good for skin and is commonly used in many skin products. You can have a flawless and well moisturized skin, if you apply aloe vera gel on your face. It can also be used in treating insect bites, inflammations, blisters, minor burns, sunburned skin, allergic reactions and many more other skin problems.
5. TREAT DIABETES :- Dried aloe vera gel can be helpful in treating diabetes because it helps to lower blood sugar by lowering the triglyceride levels in the plasma and liver, and also decreasing the insulin level. It can also be helpful in preventing cardiovascular disease directly as aloe vera helps to control blood sugar, triglycerides and cholesterol.
6. HELPS IN WEIGHT LOSS :- Drinking aloe vera regularly, can also helpful in maintaining a healthy body weight and increasing energy levels. You will be able to burn calories more easily, so if you are looking for sone effective way in order to look slim then aloe vera is the right choice.
7. TREATS RESPIRATORY DISORDERS :- Aloe vera is very beneficial for treating respiratory disorders as it contains Vitamin C and those people should consume it, who gets frequent attack of flu, running nose, bronchitis herpes, cold and other respiratory disorders.
8. HALTS INFLAMMATION :- You can use aloe vera externally, in order to ease inflammation of arthritis and joints. If you want to get rid of inflammation through out your body then you can drink it. Many people who drink aloe vera, have begin to experience in the reduction of pain and inflammation symptoms, within two weeks.
9. MOISTURIZES HAIR :- Aloe vera can be act as an excellent conditioner in order to restore luster and shine in the hair. The gel like substance which is found in aloe vera is almost like keratin, which enables to access to scalp easily and this will leave your hair smoother. Also, the anti fungal properties found in aloe vera, can help you to get rid of dandruff too.
10. ANTI CANCER ACTIVITY :- So, now we all know that aloe vera is beneficial for the above things but did you know that researchers have found an active agent in aloe vera which can helpful in preventing tumor? However, the research is not yet complete, whether it restrain cancer or not, but according to some research in Japan, it was stated that aloe vera can prevent pulmonary carcinogenesis and said, consuming aloe vera can also prevent colon and stomach cancer.
( Shambhavi )
Read Also : 10 HEALTH BENEFITS OF GOOSEBERRY (AMLA)