Hindu temples are quite common in India as there are high percentage of people following Hindu religion here. However, United Kingdom is not the first city when it comes to visiting Hindu temples but reality is different as there are many beautiful Hindu temples here. Here is a list of twelve must see Hindu temples in United Kingdom .
1. SREE GANAPATHY TEMPLE :– This temple is situated in Wimbledon, London and was built in 1981. This temple carry all the usual tradition functions which Hindu temples perform like wedding, birth and death ceremonies. If you visit there then you can also participate in discussions by philosophy talks, religious experts , meditation and yoga classes.
2. BAPS SHRI SWAMI NARAYAN MANDIR :-Shri Swami narayan Mandir, Neasden is a Hindu temple in the London, England. Built entirely using traditional methods and materials, Neasden’s Swami narayan Mandir has been described as the Britain’s first authentic Hindu temple. It was also Europe’s first traditional Hindu stone temple, as distinct from converted secular buildings.
3. SRI VENKATESHWARA TEMPLE :– This temple, also known as Balaji, is situated in Tividale and is considered as one of the most miraculous achievements in United Kingdom by Hindu communities. This temple is set in a thirty acres of land with many facilities and different shrines. It has become one of the largest Hindu temple in Europe over a period of ten years.
4. LAKSHMI NARAYAN TEMPLE :- This temple is situated in Bradford and situated in Northern England. This temple was officially opened in 2007 and Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philips went there too for the opening ceremony. You can take part in various Hindu religious cultural festivals.
5. RADHA KRISHNA TEMPLE :- This temple is situated in London and has been built upon faith, devotion and dedication of the devotees. And this is the main reason how this temple achieved the same respect in Britain as major temples in India.
6. SHREE GEETA BHAWAN :– This temple is situated in Birmingham, England and is the first Hindu temple in the Midlands. This temple has weekly poojas on the morning of Sunday and daily arti at 11 AM and 7 PM.
7. BHAKTIVEDANTA MANOR :– It is a GaudiyaVaishnava temple, situated in the village of Aldenham near Watford. It is run and owned by ISKCON (International society for Krishna consciousness). This manor stands in seventy acres of landscaped grounds which include an artificial lake, flower gardens, lawns, a substantial car park and a children’s playground.
8. HINDU TEMPLE :– This temple is situated in Nottingham city and was built during the early 1970’s. They now host various activities ranging from the practice of yoga to charity, educational, social, religious, cultural and festive activities.
9. SHREE SANATAN HINDU TEMPLE :– This temple is the name of two Hindu temples, one is located in Whipps Cross near Leytonstone and the other in Ealing road in Wembley. They were built on 2010 and is run by charity Shri. VallabhNidhi UK.
10. SRI MURUGAN TEMPLE :– This temple is built amazingly having polished granite tiles from India inside and a fifty two foot tower outside. A visit to this temple is a unique experience, whether you go there to learn about the Hindu faith, to attend service or simply explore the amazing design of this temple.
11. SHRI RADHE KRISHNA MANDIR :– This temple is the first Hindu temple in the city Manchester. It was built by the Indian religious and charitable Trust in 1969 and situated in Brunswick road inWithington
12. GEETA BHAVAN :- This temple is situated in Manchester.It is the largest Hindu temple in the north west of United Kingdom. The Hindu culture society in Manchester was started with just five families in 1978. The present site was brought in 1987 and gradually the community develops it into a temple.