Hindu religion is one of the oldest religion and has more than 900 million followers, that is, fourteen percent population of the world. Most of the Hindu temples are present in India but there are also some famous Hindu temples outside India. In USA, there are rising number of temples over the past few years. Now I am compiling a list of Hindu temples present in United States of America which are as follows
1. SRI VENKATESWARA TEMPLE :- This temple is one of first temples which was built in United States of America. It is situated in Pittsburgh, and is dedicated to Lord Venkateshwara. There are other deities in this temple including Goddess Parvati, Lord Ganesha and Lord Shiva. This temple is built on a twenty-acre of lands and looks amazingly beautiful. The land of this temple was donated by Indian American families. You can visit this temple everyday from 9 A.M to 8:30 P.M. There are other facilities present in the temple including an auditorium and canteen.
2. THE GANESHA TEMPLE :- This temple is situated in Flushing, New York and is considered as one of the most biggest and famous Hindu temple in U.S.A with a member count of more than 20,000. The temple authorities also run a community centre which conducts programs, lectures and formal classes. It also focuses on the practice of music, religion, arts, culture and philosophy.
3. SHIVA VISHNU TEMPLE :- This temple is situated in Lanham, Maryland and is considered as one of the largest Hindu temple in U.S.A. This temple provides a great place for Hindus in order to worship through various other activities which includes educational, cultural and religious programmes.
4. SHRI LAKSHMI TEMPLE :- This Hindu temple is located in Ashland, U.S.A, covering an area of over twelve acres of land. It was established in 1980s and the formation of this temple took almost two years. The authorities of this temple conducts various programmes which includes Indian language classes, cultural classes, poojas and shloka classes. There are deities in this temple including Navagraha, Sri Maha Ganpati, Garuda, Sri Maha Lakshmi, Sri Hariharaputra, Sri Subrahmanya and Sri Venkateswara.
5. MALIBU HINDU TEMPLE :- This temple is dedicated to Lord Venkateswara and is situated in Calabasas, California. This temple is run and owned by the Hindu Temple Society of Southern California and was constructed in the year 1981.