Churches represent not only the place to worship but it also represents the architecture of one’s country. Most of the churches in the world were established during different times, however now they represent a real treasure. Now, i am compiling a list of top ten most famous churches in the world so that you can visit them and find a real treasure.
1. SAGRADA FAMILIA :- This church is situated in Barcelona, Spain and was designed by Antoni Gaudi , a Catalan architect. The construction of this church is yet incomplete but it is still in the list of World Heritage Site By UNESCO.
2. MILAN’s CATHEDRAL :- This church is situated in Milan, Italy and is considered as the 2nd largest church in Italy and fifth largest church in the world.
3. BASILICIA OF THE SACRED HEART :- This church was established in 1969 and is located in Brussels, Belgium. This church is dedicated for the Jesus’ sacred heart.
4. SHRINE OF OUR LADY OF LICHEN :- It is a Roman Catholic church, situated in Poland. The construction of this church took ten years to complete, from1994 to 2004 but the architecture is amazing. It is considered as one of the largest and tallest church in the world with a tower which measures 141.5 meters in height.
5. CATHEDRAL OF LIVERPOOL :- This church is the 2nd largest church in the world and is located in Liverpool, United Kingdom. It was completed in 1978.
6. CATHEDRAL OF ST. JOHN THE DIVINE :- This church has an indoor area of 11,200 square feet. It is situated in New York, USA and is the largest church of this country.
7. CATHEDRAL OF SEVILLE :- It is a Roman Catholic Cathedral and is located in Seville, Spain. It was established during sixteenth century and it is also known to be the place where Christopher Columbus was buried.
8. BASILICIA OF OUR LADY OF APARECIDA :- It was established in 1980 in Brazil. It attracts a large number of tourists and it receives more than ten million visitors every year.
9. St. PETER’s BASILICIA :- It is considered as one of the most holiest places and mother church for catholic people. It is located in Vatican city and the construction was completed in 1626.
10. NOTRE DAME DE PARIS :- This church is one of the most beautiful church of Europe and is located in Paris, France. The construction of this church took a century to complete and today, it is one of the most popular churches in Paris