There are several places which one has to visit before die, these places are really best for spiritual activities. People travel different places to get rid of anxiety, tension and to seek peaceful atmosphere. Not in India only but all over the world, there are so many places to visit for a spiritual tour.
1. VATICAN CITY ITALY : In Rome, the Vatican is most popular religious place in the world. St. Peter’s Basilica is a famous church which is located in Vatican and on Sundays you can see the pope give mass. You find famous art work also in the church.
2. LOURDES , FRANCE : The Lourdes is located in France, known for a Catholic pilgrimage site. Millions of people visit every year to grotto of massabielle, the site where Virgin Mary appeared to Bernadette, a poor shepherd girl in 1858. It is believed that this place has healing properties so the this town welcomes millions of pilgrims a year.
3. STONEHENGE , ENGLAND : Stonehenge is a part of World Heritage site. It is built with Sarsen stone. The construction have begun for the purpose of Solar and Lunar worship. Many pilgrims came here from far flung areas to follow mythical footsteps.
4. MDINA CATHEDRAL , MALTA : You will find world’s oldest buildings in the Mdina in Europe which is also known as St. Paul’s Cathedral. It is believed to be a spiritual place by people. Mdina Cathedral known for miracles and the paintings of Madonna and Child gives this place excellent look.
5. EGYPT : One can say Egypt is magical destination on earth. There are Islamic as well as Christian sites also which gives you experience of serenity and spirituality. Al Azhar Mosque (Cairo), Mohammed Ali Mosque (Cairo), Ibu Tulun Mosque (Cairo) and Church of St. George (Cairo): Monastery of St. Paul (Red Sea Monastery of St. Simeon (Aswan) are very famous places.
6. JOKHANG TEMPLE , LHASA TIBET : The Jokhang temple is pilgrimage site for Tibetan Buddhist. It is the holy place for Tibetans and the people of Tibet come for worship here. The place is really good for the people finding spiritual atmosphere and want to give peace to his soul.
7. ULURU , AUSTRALIA : Uluru is a sandstone rock stands 1141 feet of the flat landscape. Uluru expresses its powerful presence when it called Ayers Rock. This is the spiritual heart of Australia and there is ancient rock paintings which gives you good experience.
8. SEDONA : Sedona is famous for its spirituality, here you will find spiritual guides. It is perfect place for personal enrichment of body and soul. In Sedona you can enjoy healing massage treatment, yoga and spa.
9. RISHIKESH : Yoga and Meditation is related to spiritualism, no doubt that meditation is deeply related to spirituality. In India it has age old tradition of yoga and meditation to cure stress, anxiety and other health problems by performing these. In Rishikesh, there are Ashrams that invite people to become part of this place far from their busy life and experience the spirituality with nature.
10. MUNGER : Munger is located in Bihar and it is a oldest place in India for Yoga and meditation. The people find this place awesome for practicing yoga and meditation, they feel here spiritual bliss.
11. JERUSALEM : It is the holy place in Israel and Jerusalem is one of the oldest cities in the world. The experience of spirituality in Jerusalem, you will never forget. It is rich place in religion and architecture and it does not matter if you are Jews, Muslims or Christian, Jerusalem touches your soul.
Visiting of serene places is always a good option to get rid of busy life tension and to enjoy peaceful atmosphere. If you explore the spiritual places it doubles your enjoyment.
( Kanchan Rastogi )