People always thinks to keep themselves healthy and fit and some people take balanced diet, do exercise to maintain good health. But sometimes people suffer from disease like cancer. There are lots of food options which are not only help to cure this disease but also reduce the risk of diseases like cancer. Good nutrition is especially important for cancer patients, if you have cancer because both the illness and its treatment can affect your appetite. Eating the right kinds of foods during and after treatment can help you feel better and stay stronger.
1. Ginger: Raw ginger has many benefits for the cancer patients. Eating ginger reduces the risk of cancer spread and it also lowers the blood sugar level. Ginger has helpful vitamins and minerals to help you to cope up with the disease like cancer.
2. Garlic: Eat garlic daily in the morning as raw clove with water or in cooked food. It has allicin which stops the spread of cancer. It contains selenium, tryptophan and sulphur based agents which attacks on cancer cells.
3. Broccoli: Broccoli contains fiber which helps to eliminate toxins from the body. Daily intake of Broccoli helps to reduce the risk of cancer.
4. Nuts: Nuts are beneficial for cancer patients as they contain good oil and high natural fiber. Daily intake of nuts reduces the risk of cancer. Nuts have selenium which helps to reduces the risk of cancer.
5. Tulsi: Tulsi is not only used for puja, it has medicinal qualities too. Tulsi leaves are beneficial for cancer patients. 20 tulsi leaves with water a day can cure the cancer and also reduces the risk of cancer.
6. Green Leafy vegetables: Beans, carrots, spinach, fenugreek leaves and mustard leaves are rich in folic acid and iron. These vegetables help to fight the cancer and also improve immunity.
7. Beetroot: All purple colored fruits like cherries, plums, red grapes and beetroot contain anthocyanins which help to kill cancer cells. Beetroot plays an important role in fighting cancer like blood and brain cancer too.
8. Fish Oil: Fish oil contains vitamin A which plays an important role in fight against cancer. Another cancer fighter is vitamin D which we get from fish oil. Fish oil has omega-3 and is an important ingredient for caner patient’s diet.
9. Carrot: Carrot is beneficial for the cancer patients. Carrot juice helps to cure the cancer and is the real cancer fighting drink.
10. Cauliflower: Cauliflower has the powerful elements which help to kill cancer stem cells and also slows down the tumor growth. Researchers believe that elimination of cancer stem cells is a key to controlling cancer.
11. Tomato: Lycopene is prime active ingredient which causes red color in tomatoes. It is helpful to prevent cancer. Raw tomatoes are more beneficial then cooked because when you cooking it releases lycopene.
12. Pulses: Lentils, peas, kidney beans and soya are a great source of protein. These are rich in fiber and eating these pulses are beneficial for cancer patients.
13. Mushrooms: Mushroom is very helpful for cancer patients. It boosts immune system and fight cancer. It has the cancer fighting ingredients.
14. Pear: Vitamin C and Vitamin K found in the pear maintains bone strength. It is good for stomach and lung cancer . It also saves us from osteoporosis.
15. Orange: Like other Vitamin C foods, Orange is also helpful in prevention and curing cancer. Including Orange in daily diet may help cancer patients.
16. Seeds: Seeds like Sunflower, Pumpkin and Sesame are full of oil and fiber which help to improve immune system. The Sunflower seeds have high zinc and Vitamin E and Pumpkin seeds also have Vitamin E and Sesame is one more source of Vitamin E. These are ultimate cancer buster which inhibits cancer cells growth and protects immune cells from radicals.
17. Turmeric: We all know benefits of turmeric when we take it with milk. It contains active ingredient curcumin which decreases the tumor and fight colon and breast cancer.
18. Aloevera: Well, aloe vera is known as the natural immune enhancer and is full of anti oxidants and that helps to remove free radicals from the body. Free radicals can lead to several diseases and can fasten your aging process. If you drink a glass juice of aloe vera regularly, then you can enhance and boost immune system in your body.
19. Oatmeal: Oatmeal helps patients in many ways. Eating regularly oatmeal boosts immune health and reduce the cholesterol level and promotes appetite suppression and satiety.
20. Brown Rice: Brown rice has many benefits. It has cancer protective substances and also lowers insulin reactivity. Brown rice helps in constipation and is good for cancer patients.
There are a lot of foods options available for the cancer patients to add to their daily diet. They not only cure the cancer but also provide energy to the body and help to fight cancer strongly.